Muslims Voters Urged to Participate in 'Super Tuesday'
Action Alert #533: Muslims Voters Urged to Participate in 'Super Tuesday'
Posted 2/4/2008 4:54:00 PM
(WASHINGTON, D.C., 2/4/08) - CAIR is urging American Muslim voters to participate in so-called "Super Tuesday" primaries on February 5. This is a critical date in the process of selecting which candidates will gain their party's nomination for the presidential election in November.
CAIR's election site provides the latest news and opinions relating to Muslims and election races nationwide. It also contains key issue positions of the presidential candidates, examples of anti-Muslim rhetoric from candidates for all levels of public office and links to the sites of Muslims running for public office.
"CAIR offers enough material and resources online to keep the most obsessively politically inclined person, let alone such a Muslim, busy." (Source: Pueblo Chieftain, 2/02/2008).
2. SEE IF YOUR STATE IS HOLDING ITS PRIMARY ON SUPER TUESDAY
For information on which states are holding primaries, click here.
3. FIND YOUR POLLING STATION
Find out where to vote through your state Democrats here.
Find out where to vote through your state Republicans here.
[Remember, as a U.S. citizen, it is your right to vote. Most states have laws guaranteeing you the right to take time off work to vote.]
3. BRING IDENTIFICATION, such as a driver's license or passport. Most states require it.
4. IF YOU WOULD LIKE A PAPER BALLOT, request it.
5. WHEN YOU ARE DONEvoting, take your "I Voted" sticker and wear it with pride.
6. CALL YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS and make sure they went to vote. Help them to find their polling place.